Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Here Comes The Sun, Little Darlin'

Tonight, I went to youth group with my boyfriend. Sunday night youth group is totally different from Wednesday night youth. We studied Theology Of The Body, which is the teaching of the desires of the human heart and the way to experience true happiness and freedom. Pope John Paul ll gave 129 lectures over this subject on Wednesdays.

I really liked it; It was very interesting. It has six cycles to it, which are:
1.Christian Ideal of Marriage
2.Adultery
3.Resurrection of the Body
4.Celibacy and Virginity
5.Sacrament of Marriage
6.Contraception

I honestly think that every teenager should go through this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note, I saw an old friend walking on the side of the road. Every time I see him, it just makes me sick, sad, disappointed, and mad. He has basically dropped out of school, has become a major "druggy," and has thrown everything away. I've tried so many times to help him, but he never seems to want to help himself. He has also just recently been arrested; well, twice.
But, there really isn't anything to do with him; he must help himself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone watch American Idol last night? My favorite is Adam Lambert, but he really freaked me out singing, Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash. :/

Welp, that's it for my rambling this evening :P

L,
Katherine

4 comments:

Amanda said...

It is sad when you see people that have chosen that path to walk. But as you say, they have to help themselves first.

I have fallen behind on watching American Idol, but i am all up to date with America's Next Top Model!
lol!

Hope you have a great week,
love,
Amanda x

Shea said...

Yuss! I did watch American Idol! :D

Adam just so happens to be my favorite too ;) I thought the song he did was pretty unique and all...but weird. o.o

Adam, Allison, and Meagan are my favorites though [:

Hannah said...

Yeppo, he's a loser.


I actually really liked his/Jeff Buckley's version of Ring of Fire. But, then again, what do I know.
Out of all of them, I like: Danny, Kris, Allison, Adam, and Anoop. I also really liked Alexis, but she was just sol'd.

l,
Hannah

ps. I can't stay the night on Saturday because of church, remember? I just thought of that. Tell me what's up.

Natalie said...

I've gone to school with this one guy since kindergarten... I still remember him as an innocent little boy, whom I used to be friends with. Now he's a major druggie and has been arrested a few times too... it's sad how quickly things can change :/

I watched American Idol through the auditions Hollywood Week... up until the actual show started haha. But everyone seems to like Adam Lambert, I bet he'll win.