Sunday, March 29, 2009

If Love Is A Labor, I'll Slave 'Til The End. I Won't Cross These Streets Until You Hold My Hand .

I've felt pretty accomplished this past week!
You will probably hear this more out of my writings than anything:
I KEEP EVERYTHING.
If it has any significance to me, I will keep it. I also am just too lazy to throw things out if they don't have any meaning, to be honest.
Thursday, I had an epiphany :P I was going to go through all my clothes and get rid of them (say what!?!) My mom came into my bedroom to keep me on task, because I do believe ADD is a slight problem for me, but I've never been diagnosed with it, haha.
She sat on my bed, while I rummaged through all my stuff.
I got rid of FOUR trash bags full of clothes.

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty happy for myself.

I think I am going to take some of them to Plato's Closet, which is like a second hand clothing store that takes Hollister, Abercrombie, American Eagle, etc. and you get money from whatever they take.
The other part of it will be sent to Mexico, where the kids who don't have much will get clothes.
:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have started to read a new book called The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks. I love all of his books. One of my favorite books by him is The Wedding or The Notebook. I am hoping this one is good as well! I hadn't really read a whole lot lately, but I am trying to get myself back into routine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spring Break for me is just next week! I am so excited to finally get a break from school.


L,
Katherine

4 comments:

Tabitha said...

It must have been a weekend for tidying out ~ I managed to clear out 6 bags full of clothes ~ mine, Dans and Laurens ~ they are stored in the garage mow ~ until I decide what to sell on ebay and what to give to the charity shop etc!
There is more space now and I feel like I have achieved something ha ha !!
Hope you have had a good weekend, love and hugs Tab XXXX

Hannah said...

Hahahaha better yet...

YOU DID IT ALL WITHOUT MY HELP!!!!!!

;)

l,
Hannah

Amanda said...

It feels great when you get a good "clear out". Now you will have to go shopping to fill up all that space!

L,
Amanda x

Natalie said...

I need to do that, get rid of all my old clothes and stuff. I haven't done that for about a year... but it does feel really good, cleaning out all the things you don't need and giving it to those who do need it, doesn't it?

I've actually never read any Nicholas Sparks before, just heard of The Notebook... and happy spring break, mine starts after a half day on Friday (: